Daily shipments have become standard for many residents thanks to the emergence of online shopping. You appreciate the convenience of having packages dropped right in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those packages on your doorstep are invitations to potential crooks. Porch piracy has become a significant concern, but you are able to take action against it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are effective tools to deter package theft, but they provide a lot more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’re sure to come to be an essential part of your smart home.
Advantages of a Grand Rapids video doorbell
Available in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer a range of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to improve. You now have the ability to customize detection zones, communicate with people on your porch, and get real-time alerts whenever an item arrives.
The best way to see how a Grand Rapids video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous benefits it offers. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to find this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in discouraging crime with audible and visual warnings. This is an effective way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that includes the faces of visitors on your porch and boxes on the surface below. Video doorbells with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision provide a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage at any hour: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the purpose of using a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide amazing HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You can receive immediate alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between individuals and deliveries.
- Speak with whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody standing at your door? Reciprocal audio allows you to inquire about why they’re there. You might even take advantage of this handy feature to scare off people loitering around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the area to be viewed will allow you to minimize false alarms triggered by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the chance to view real-time and archived video directly from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you may access them directly from your mobile device, regardless of your location. They’ll alert you when a visitor arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even let you talk with the individual at your door. These devices have become must-haves in terms of security and convenience.