How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Grand Rapids smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete control of your Grand Rapids home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and explore suggestions to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Grand Rapids?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You may arm or disarm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a battery backup for added reliability. It also gives you total remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the duties you can perform:
- Review real-time or saved video from your connected security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Grand Rapids by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just adhere to these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain inside your home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The home screen will display a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. For instance, an open window or door will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm your home’s security by using the instructions above. You will then need to verify you would like to ignore the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Grand Rapids
Although many users can be entered when you first get your system, you will probably want to add an additional user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote capability, select phone or email and submit the information to dispatch an invite.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, just go to the menu, tap users, select the user you wish to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Grand Rapids home security system. Contact (616) 747-8419 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.