Ways to cut down on false alarms in Grand Rapids
False alarms can be a legitimate problem for a home security system. Not only are they a pain to resolve, but they can also lower the faith you have in your equipment. Thankfully, you can do a few things to reduce false alarms from your Grand Rapids sensors and alarms.
To begin, ensure that your devices connected correctly. This will probably seem like a no-brainer, but it’s common that simple mistakes result in false alarms. For the next step, keep an eye on possible causes of false alarms, like windows and doors that may be left ajar inadvertently. And finally, feel free to use the many options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Grand Rapids.
Might it be really that easy? Keep reading to find out.
Can you side step false alarms in Grand Rapids?
Like diagnosing any issue, the first thing to do is review the manual. Be certain that all devices are connected properly from your end by:
- Performing a diagnostic through your smart hub.
- Visually inspect each component to ensure it didn't get knocked out of place or need fresh batteries.
- Check your schedules and presets to make sure that your system isn’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all integrated smart components are incorporated properly and aren't disrupting your system.
Contact your customer service representative if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Grand Rapids home. They'll be pleased to send out a trained expert to inspect your setup.
Investigate your entry points
When your configuration seems to be installed properly, the subsequent step is to do a sweep of your residence. Are your doors and widows shut tight, or might there be a few inadvertently ajar? If an entry point remains unlatched, it might trip a motion sensor. In the event your family constantly neglects to close a door, you might want to implement a smart lock that automatically locks when your system is engaged. Sadly, windows need extra hands-on attention, particularly if you have a loved one who prefers to fall asleep with an open window. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it easy to disengage that device while still guarding the remaining areas of the residence.
Smart home automation is a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Grand Rapids
One of the best methods to lessen the chance of false alarms is to include automation into your security system. By using your security app, you can:
- Program a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and avoid false alarms that result from mistakenly unlatching doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disarm whenever your smart front door lock is initiated with the proper PIN.
- Set geotracking to turn on your alarm if you depart the driveway, then disengage when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive mobile updates when your implements notice uncommon activity or have need of a new battery.
- Connect your system to Alexa or Google Home, so you are able to turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Grand Rapids when you get a Vivint smart home installation
An enhanced level of authority over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint smart home, reach out to (616) 747-8419 or complete the following form.