What should I do when my Grand Rapids home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your family – against the multitude of risks you might face, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Even though your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Grand Rapids home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is often startling, bewildering, and could provoke panic. Your best option is to stay composed and adhere to these simple guidelines.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Grand Rapids Goes Off
You don’t want to be in this predicament, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system in the first place. You’re woken up in the middle of the night with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been activated. What should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is pounding. But staying calm is the most effective way to evaluate what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency alone and permit your monitoring professionals and first responders to carry out their job.
- Attend to your family. Your primary concern should be your loved ones and getting them to safety. If you are dealing with a intrusion, this might involve going to a predetermined secure area as far from points of entry as possible. The trespasser was likely already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always wise to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or a blaze, you need to exit your house without delay.
- Remember your smartphone. The vast majority of individuals keep their smartphones with them constantly these days, but you could neglect to grab it during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the chance to keep in contact with your monitoring professionals and obtain notifications through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Grand Rapids goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts will spring to action. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that means reaching out to you. The procedure they follow is dependent on the kind of emergency. For example, when the emergency is is for medical reasons, a single effort will be made to contact you before assistance is sent out. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most typical sort of event - a monitoring agent will follow these guidelines to reach out to you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you using the touchscreen interface. You will typically be asked for a passcode.
- If that doesn’t result in a reply, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is tried next.
- If there is still no answer, local law enforcement officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again after emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not able to interact with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Assistance will still be sent even if you're not able to verify the emergency.
Get protection for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Grand Rapids
Be prepared for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in Grand Rapids from Vivint. Contact (616) 747-8419 to start customizing your home’s security today.